As Seen on Fox 11: Awesome Kitchen Hacks!July 13th, 2017 by Roundabout Catering
In this segment with Melissa Carlson of Fox 11 Reno, Chef Colin shares some awesome kitchen hacks.
- When you’re cooking pasta, put a wooden spoon across the pot, so it doesn’t boil over
- If you put a whisk in your soup, the soup won’t burn or bubble over
- Put an apple on a drill and peel the apple!
- Cut a bell pepper on 4 sides only — the whole stem and seeds get thrown away
- Avocado — put it sideways and twist it around as you cut it, pop it open, take your knife into seed and turn it; out pops the seed
- Use your lemon zester as your strainer so you don’t get the seeds in your dish
- With asparagus, bend it and it’ll break. Use that part for soup.